As we speak I'm getting all hopped up on Nyquil! The cold/cough/sore throat junk is hitting our fam for the 3rd time since October! Urrgh.
So, faithful followers, I've decided to write a book called, "Potty Training in a Year". (Maybe it should be "....Freakin' Year"!)I basically hate you if your kid was able to train in a day or "just decided to train themselves"! If you recall, I started with the "potty party" on January 1st of this year. I gave up in the spring,tried again in the summer, had some success in the fall, and now here we are the second day of winter...and you're all on the edge of your seat wondering....dun da da daaaah!
In fall, he was almost perfectly potty trained, except when he didn't want to go. He would cross his legs until he screamed out in pain! Good grief child! Go for pity's sake! Go! No, he would cry and cry in pain and not go. Now that happens only occasionally. He is still going through a phase where he has to change his underwear every time he goes potty. Laundry started to be ridiculous! we were running out of underwear every 2 days! Then we got wise and if it was REALLY clean and dry, we started re-folding it and putting it back in the "clean" pile. ha ha. Brilliant! Nowadays, he stays dry during naps(miracle!), and we're working on bedtime! He has stayed dry for a few nights now. All I'm saying is for those poor mothers with late late bloomers, don't give up!! This is what it takes.....LOTS of m&ms,then suckers, then cars, then craisins, then a soccer ball, 2 baseballs, a basketball, and fruit roll-ups. Just do that for a year. That'll work. And so help me..Isaac dang well better be one of those kids potty trains himself in a day before he's 2. (I just hate people with that story! So if your kid did that, don't tell me!!)
Oh wait! This is for YOU jamie! The customer of the month was my sister-in-law Jamie S. who had an "on-line Scentsy party" and earned $25 in free stuff and 2 half-price items. She also had an awesome party in November and got $60 in free stuff and more half-price items and a FREE plug-in. So if you're kickin' yourself for not buying anything in time for Christmas(or your husband needs a big fat hint).....Never fear! I still have a large inventory in my garage! woo hoo for you! www.scentsy.com/serenitynow MERRY CHRISTMAS!
4 comments:
I am the best sister in law you have EVER had!!
Jo- Love this post. This is the story of my life this year too. I think we are in the home stretch and it only took a pretty penny worth of bribes. I will happily write the forward in your book. Merry Christmas.
Dude - I love this post! We've tried potty training Annika twice. I think I want to wait at least till she's 12 till I try again. Whoever said girls train faster than boys...ha, ha! Ya right!
Jo Lynn, your post cracked me up! Thanks for making me laugh during a frustrating time! (We're in yet another hiatus from trying to train Michael.) Congratulations on your hard-earned achievement! Luckily you have no cause to hate me on the potty-front; none of my kids have been easy to train. (Wish it were so for my in-laws, so they'd stop telling me about their amazing self-trainers.) ;)
Post a Comment