Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dear Abby, I need some serious help!

Yes, I'm one of those mothers who hate it when people tell me what to do with my kids, but today I'm soliciting advice from all you professional mothers out there. Within one weeks time, my 3 year old who shall remain anonymous (except he starts with a "J" and ends with an "oseph") has driven me to import my mother from Utah. Within 6 short days, he emptied 4 bottles of food coloring on himself and the kitchen (Ok, so I've finally learned my lesson not to shower while he is awake!),he drew with a green Sharpie marker all over Isaac's walls, crib, door, clothes, carpet, etc., and last of all spread poop all over his own carpet, walls, door, train table, and managed to frost each individual train car and train track with it. Then he poured a glass of water over it all. I walked in to a naked smiling boy(who was supposed to be napping) standing on his train table saying, "Hi Mommy!" No clue, no regret, no remorse. How do you even punish that? The next day brought more mild acting up. I ran upstairs (it took less than a minute!) to put Isaac down for a nap, and Joseph had pulled a chair up to the counter, dipped a paintbrush(I had just painting and cleaned it!:) in the sugar bowl, gotten out a bowl and was baking something with sugar and baking powder. What the heck? Help? Straight jacket? Military school? What are my options here people?

Moving on, Isaac is pulling himself up to stand, holding on to anything and everything. He is getting better at falling without getting hurt. His smiles are just infectious and he loves loves loves attention! I did not stage the guitar video. FACT.

I know some of you are just dying to know who the customer of the week is! Well hold on there partner! Lets go back to February! February's customer of the MONTH was Mary H. who uses them in her fabulous costume shop! Last week's customer of the week was Heather K. (Dave's fabulous cousin). Rah Rah Rah!! and Hurraaaaay for you gals!

Don't you hate it when you go to a Scentsy party and you forget to write down what scents were your faves? Gosh! I HATE that! Don't let that happen to you again!! My Scentsy Spring Openhouse is this Wednesday night (the 18th) at 7pm! Come try out the 20 new Spring/Summer scents. No pressure, no pushy sales pitch (and you KNOW how pushy I can be!), just sample and write, sample and write. Stay for as little or as long as you like! www.scentsy.com/serenitynow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JoLynn (sp?)
Bungie cord your kitchen/dining room chairs to each other so that he cannot pull them out and use them to reach things. Use the bungies with the round balls on the end so that no one gets hurt. Heidi Bartle also used this and helped to restore some of her sanity.
Sorry you're going through this but it sure is enjoyable for us to read.
Angie and Keone

JulSH said...

Take Pictures! You are going to need them someday so he can TRULY appreciate YOU and the child(ren) he will someday raise!
Julie